Empact (www.iempact.com) is an organization created to alleviate mental and financial poverty by empowering individuals to live with passion, purpose and prosperity through the entrepreneurial mindset.
Empact’s work focuses on facilitating a culture of entrepreneurship in communities across the world through exposure, celebration and early stage startup support.
The company has held over 400 events exposing young people to entrepreneurship through its Extreme Entrepreneurship Tour (www.extremetour.org), supporting early stage entrepreneurs through its Virtual Speaker Series (www.virtualspeakerseries.com) and JourneyPage Virtual Incubator (www.journeypage.com), and celebrating the role of young entrepreneurs through its annual Empact100 list of top young entrepreneurs age 30 and under (www.empact100.com).
Each year Empact brings together the top thought leaders from the entrepreneurship education ecosystem to share and act on the biggest ideas during the Empact Summit (www.feesummit.com).
Responsibilities of the internship, which may change from time to time, would include supporting the Empact Partners in:
• Planning upcoming events, keynotes, and conferences by keeping records, booking travel, and developing information packages for distribution to key people
• Preparing and sending close out information and data to staff, hosts and speakers following an event
• Database development through internet research
• Helping with logistical coordination for the Future of Entrepreneurship Education Summit
• Writing and editing copy for internal and external usage
• Awesome, self-motivated, enthusiastic and positive attitude
• Proactive, perfectionist who takes ownership of their position
• A quick-learner committed to constant learning
• Fast-working and productive
• Detail-oriented; very good at organization & systematizing
• Technology savvy
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills in-person and on the phone
• Writing / Editing
• Online Research
• MS Word
• MS Excel
• MS Powerpoint
• Basic HTML knowledge a plus
• Basic audio/video editing knowledge a plus
• iMovie experience a plus
• Type over 70 WPM a plus (If you can type over 115 WPM, we will challenge you to a duel)