Nordstrom Women's Footwear Assistant Buy Planner Summer 2011
Interns in our Seattle Headquarters will gain exposure to many aspects of our business, working on challenging projects with milestones, deliverables and deadlines. The ideal candidates have an enthusiasm for customer service and are motivated achievers and hardworking team players.
* Allocate initial, back-up and promotional build orders
* Revise open allocations to reflect current store performance
* Quantify, review and re-project multi-channel key items to maximize contribution
* Conduct size profiling and optimization
* Create and maintain POS
* Analyze and maintain POS
* Analyst store/item performance to draw insight about sales potential and store fit cluster
* Manage drop ship programs for direct
* Analyze location level inventory content
* Must be a sophomore or junior in an accredited degree program in business management, merchandising or related field
* Ability to analyze performance against buy plans
* Strong experience in retail-based financials, forecasting and projection skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in PC skills
The Nordstrom Internship program is open to college students currently in their sophomore and junior years who are enrolled in accredited institutions and applicable degree programs.
This Internship program starts June 13, 2010 and ends August 12, 2010.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
We do not send resumes directly to Nordstrom, but we do want to point you in the right direction. To apply, follow this link and search internships.