We are looking for the perfect candidate to admit into our 2013 summer intern program. All applicants must have an interest in advertising/marketing, communications, PR or social media. This program is ideal for college, or graduate school students looking for an internship for college credit. Recent college graduates are also welcome to apply. A weekly lunch stipend is provided.
The Account Management intern will assist with client relationships/expectations; assisting social media program execution and participating in client presentations/meetings. This position will require assisting with writing marketing materials for program execution. The intern must be a self-starter with the ability to follow oral instructions multi-task and work independently. She/he must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Digital and social media marketing experience a plus.
Skills and requirements:
- Must be able to commute to NYC office.
- Must be able to bring own laptop to work.
- Commitment of at least 20 hours per week, but 40 is preferred. (Office hours are: M-F, 9am to 6pm)
- Organized. Organized. Organized.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Very fast learner and ability to multitask.
- Team-oriented attitude.
- Very keen attention to detail.
Lauren Berger created Intern Queen Inc. in 2009, after successfully completing 15 internships and college and recognizing a need for more internship resources. Her online platform, www.internqueen.com, serves as the home of the business and allows students access to apply for any internship they want free of charge. The site also features daily content on how to make the most of high school, college, and post-grad experiences.