We’ve all been rejected from a job or an internship interview before. It hurts – we know. Here are 14 reasons why you may not have gotten the job.
1. You weren’t responsive to the email the interviewer sent out.
2. You took too long to respond to an email (more than 24 hours).
3. Your emails were taken as too casual, not professional enough.
4. You aren’t involved on campus. You don’t have a great on-campus network and aren’t involved in campus activities.
5. You don’t have enough leadership roles on your resume.
6. You don’t have enough social media experience.
7. You had to cancel your interview but never took the initiative to reschedule.
8. You didn’t make yourself available for interview times or suggest interview times that work.
9. You don’t have a Facebook Page, Twitter Page, or Instagram Page.
10. The employer called you and you didn’t call them back.
11. You didn’t show up to your interview (or you showed up late).
12. You didn’t understand the position.
13. You sounded more concerned with what “we could do for you” than what you would bring to the table for the company.
14. You missed more than one interview.