This blog was written by our summer intern Alex Wetzel, who is also a Campus Ambassador at Penn State University.
By now, summer interns should know the in’s and out’s of the company that they are working for. But how much do you really know about fashion in the workplace? Sure you’ve thought of the outfit, but what about the accessories? Check out these 5 accessories that every male must have for their current or future internship!
1. Tie – Sooner or later you are going to be required to wear a suit and tie. Why not get a head start and impress your coworkers at the beginning. Trade in your polo and khakis for a button up and tie. Once you take yourself seriously, other people will too.
2. Black socks – Nothing ruins a nice outfit than wearing a black suit with white socks. Invest in a pair of black dress socks. (and no, I don’t mean Nike workout socks either) Head to the nearest department store and grab a set today!
3. Leather belt – Nothing is worse than having pants that are too big and are uncomfortable. Fix the problem in no time with a nice belt. It will help you look more polished and you will be more comfortable.
4. Watch – There will come a day believe it or not, that you won’t be able to have your cellphone glued to your hand. Don’t depend on an electronic device to tell time for you. Watches come in all colors, sizes and styles, finding one that suits your tastes should be the easy part!
5. Wallet – Invest in a wallet that isn’t too bulky, but will allow you to put all your necessities in it – credit card, cash, drivers license, medical card, etc. That way when you go out to lunch with your coworkers, you are organized and cash isn’t falling out of your pockets. You can also stash some business cards in your wallet to share with anyone you meet along your travels! Who knew a small leather wallet could serve tw