This blog post was written by Campus Ambassador, Hillary Pitts.
If you're like me, and constantly on the go, you most likely have an issue with fruit going bad before you can enjoy it. Low and behold - I have finally discovered a couple of different ways to enjoy fruit, all while preventing it from going bad at the same time. Frozen fruit is, not only delicious, but good for you as well! Although it may seem very basic, here are a couple of different ideas for how you can eat frozen fruit, in a fun and innovative way:
1) Make a smoothie - Smoothies are a tasty and healthy way to enjoy frozen fruit. Try switching up different ingredients - I love adding plain greek yogurt and oatmeal.
2) Make a fruit pop - Add your frozen fruit to juice, and freeze to make a delicious alternative to popsicles.
3) Add some flair with chocolate or yogurt - Dip your frozen fruit in chocolate or yogurt before freezing, to make a chill dessert. My favorite? Yogurt-covered blueberries.
4) Create a frozen fruit dessert bar - Although this may sound strange, it is incredibly flavorful. By combining cream cheese, cool whip, and a variety of fruits - you can make these bars in no time.
5) Eat it..plain! - Despite the many fun options, frozen fruit is delicious and does not require and tweaking. Freezing fresh fruit and enjoying it as a snack is one of my favorite things, and might be better tasting than you'd assume!