This blog was written by Intern Queen Campus Ambassador Celia Karp, from University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Celia is a freshman studying International Public Relations and Business Management. She is a Spanish Minor. If anyone else from University of North Carolina, Charlotte wants to get involved with our site and blog - please comment here!
5 Places to Know About for a Charlotte, NC Intern
1. Amelie’s- This amazing little French bakery is open 24/7 for all of your food cravings. From the pastries to the house blend of coffee to the freshly cooked Panini sandwiches, there’s something for everyone. It’s fun, eclectic and will not only feed your appetite, but the atmosphere will also help you blow off some steam from a rough day.
2. Freedom Park- A beautiful park full of trees and a lake is a nice escape from the bustle of the city. It’s a great place to go for a jog, walk or even a date! There are a ton of events that take place here on throughout the year, so check the local calendars to see what’s happening.
3. Jackson’s Java- Possibly one of the best kept secrets from the Starbucks lovers, this little half coffee shop half ice cream parlor is the perfect spot to get work done when you know you’ve procrastinated past the point where the library would be of any use. The coffee is incredible, the pastries are delicious and the people are extremely nice. Oh, and did I mention that it’s open until 11pm every night of the week?!
4. Concord Mills- When you need to shop, this is the place to go. It’s a huge outlet mall just outside of Charlotte, and virtually anything that you are in need of, they have it.
5. EpiCentre- Some of Charlotte’s best nightclubs, restaurants and shopping are all here at the EpiCentre. It’s an exciting place to be at night with great food and fun people. With its live music events like Alive After Five, delicious sushi at Enso and clubs right upstairs, if you’re interning in Charlotte during the summer, the EpiCentre is a place you don’t want to miss out on.