This post was written by Pruthvi Shah, our Campus Ambassador from Lehigh University.
When you see the line a mile long at the campus café, you know the semester is picking up speed and everyone wants an extra five hours in their day. However, there are only so many days you can survive on a caffeine fix so next time you need a little push to finish that assignment try one of these instead.
1. Get your heart rate up by going for a run outside or even a quick workout at the gym. It’ll be the perfect excuse to step away from your work for a bit while staying healthy. You’ll be surprised at how productive you can be after even 30 minutes of exercise.
2. Catch up with a friend or relative. Pick up the phone and have a quick chat with the friend from home that you haven’t talked to in a while. Make sure the conversation doesn’t last too long but you’ll feel refreshed and excited that you were able to actually chat with them.
3. Make sure to schedule some fun. When I’m feeling extremely stressed and overwhelmed, I take ten minutes to look at my planner and plan two or three fun events for the upcoming week. It gives me something to look forward to and keeps my work in perspective of the larger picture.
4. Listen to a TED Talk. They are awe-inspiring speeches about almost any topic you are interested in between five and thirty minutes. I feel completely energized after listening to one because they inspire me to work harder after you realize what can be achieved when you work for something.
5. Relax your mind and body. Yoga is the perfect way for your body and mind to feel completely Zen. You can sign up for a local class or even download an app that will take you through a quick workout.