I recently spoke to some friends. Both are managers in their fields and we're always chatting about best practices and how their employees can perform better. Here are a few tips we put together:
1. Listen to Your Manager. Don't create your own rules. Follow the systems in place.
2. Think Ahead. Predict the Problems. Show Your Team That When a Problem Happens, You Know How to Solve It.
3. Find a Balance Between Being a Team Player and Standing Out on Your Own.
4. Stay Organized But Don't Let The Need to "Stay Organized" Get In The Way Of Getting Things Done.
5. Mistakes Happen. Admit They Happen. Fix Them Early-On Before They Get Out of Control.