This is written by guest blogger, Jenny Richards.
The world’s most successful people will tell you that their success had little to do with the education they got from school. In fact, some billionaires who exist today actually dropped out of school in order to pursue their dreams.
Success is about habit. It is about eliminating the negative things in your life that hold you back and learning new ones that allow you to progress.
You can achieve success by adopting the below habits:
1. Have a positive outlook- Everything always happens for a reason. This is however one of those things that most people say in retrospect. If you are fired from your job today for instance, it may be very difficult to see that something positive could actually come out of it. However, if you embrace the change that comes with being unemployed, you will apply yourself fully and start your way to financial success. A positive outlook helps you to see the opportunities around you and take advantage of them.
2. Do not settle- Do not go down a career line that is not of your choice. More importantly, do not stay on a job just because it gives you an income. Successful people map their own path and work tirelessly and smartly to achieve it.
3. Emulate a successful person- There is no need to reinvent the wheel. Many people have lived before you and all of them have experienced things that you have not. Some of these successful people are actually very generous with advice and tips on how they became successful. They talk extensively about the mistakes they made as well as how they handled them. Use this advice to your advantage.
4. Reevaluate your goals- When you make a plan and start working towards it, you should make weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals. At the end of each of these periods, take stock of what you have done and how far you are from achieving your goals. Make the necessary improvements required to progress. If your skills are what are keeping you from achieving your career goals, search online for top MBA programmes available and enroll to acquire new skills.
5. Be adaptable- Adapt to the way the world is changing. Use the latest technology to your advantage. For instance, older companies took very long to adopt the use of social media marketing. Meanwhile, new businesses that did not have a lot of marketing budget used social media and they reaped huge benefits. The same applies to you as an individual. Adaptability equals success.
6. Believe in cause and effect- Successful people did something that brought them success. Unsuccessful people have also done things that have made them unsuccessful. Do not allow lack of good luck to be what you use to explain your bad situation. If you do, you will never achieve success. Make better choices and you will start to see improvements in your life.
7. Be inquisitive- Develop the need to learn new things. The world is evolving so fast and you should not be left behind. Only inquisitive people are able to discover new things and achieve great success.
Jenny Richards is an experienced career counselor. She retired from a 15-year career in financial services and decided to follow her passion in guiding and counseling young people on top MBA programmes that will build their careers.