7 Reasons To Download Evernote
This blog post was written by Kristi Atkinson, our summer intern and Campus Ambassador from the University of Idaho.
1. Web Clipper is a browser extension that allows you to read any page any devise. An icon will appear next to your search bar. When you click, it gives you the option to clip the entire page, clip the article, clip part of the page, or just clip the URL. Evernote also allows you to easily browse all of your clippings from the web. Evernote has a separate 'Read Later' function to help save the page where you left off.
2. Sync: Evernote is available for mobile phones, tablets and computers/laptops. The program runs on all iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows phones, as well as Macs, PCs, Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers. What does this mean? Add/update something on your mobile application and it will be waiting for you on your computer at home. All of your notes, web clips, files and images will be available on any devise. Best of all, you can work on and offline and Evernote will still sync the information when you appear online again.
3. Organize: Evernote makes it so easy to organize everything by creating categories and folders. You can also merge your notes to clear up any remaining clutter. Evernote also creates easy lists.
4. Paperless: I’ve heard of many people scanning their receipts and bills to clear up paper clutter around the office. The same concept goes for newspaper or magazine clippings or notes.
5. Research: Not only will Evernote safely collect and organize your research, but you can also share everything and anything with friends, classmates or colleagues. Which leads me to my next point…
6. Evernote Clearly helps free you from distractions. This other browser add-on helps clear up clutter on websites to prevent your mind from wandering.
7. It’s Free: You’re an intern and/or a college student and something is free. Take it and run. Do I even need to explain why free is good?
Overall, Evernote is perfect to organize (obviously), store files and photos, plan a trip, research, manage a project, go paperless, and best of all, never lose anything again!