I've been taking some notes on the most frequent student complaints about their internships. I know that employers everywhere are trying to improve their programs. Here are 7 common complaints that students have regarding their internship experiences. A.k.a. -- signs of a bad internship.
1. Employers don't talk to the interns.
2. Employers treat interns like they don't exist.
3. Employers aren't polite when assigning tasks.
4. Employers only have students do cleaning/janitorial tasks.
5. Interns are never evaluated or given feedback.
6. Intern emails are ignored.
7. Requests for informational interviews are ignored.