To Do List for New York City Interns
I know that many of our readers are having the amazing experience of interning in New York City this summer! One of our Intern Queen Campus Ambassadors, Kailee, just graduated from UCF and is interning at Universal Records. She is living in New York this summer doing a post-grad internship. I asked Kailee what was on her to-do list as a summer intern in NYC and here’s what she had to say:
- Wandering around the city. “I love walking around the city and just getting a feel for it and learning where things are. There is so much to do and see I feel like it'll take years to master it all,” says Kailee.
- Discovering the best restaurants. Kailee loves sushi and Thai food!
- Swimming in a rooftop pool. Rooftop pools aren’t really a thing in Florida!
- Mastering the subway system. Definitely a challenge but doable for first-timers.
- Experiencing the NYC nightlife.
- Taking a train to Long Island at some point.
- Going to the Smorgasburg in Brooklyn.
- Experiencing NYC food trucks.
- Riding a Citi bike.
- Watching the fireworks on the 4th of July.
- Meeting new people from all over the place. Kailee is living at the dorms at the New School so that she can meet other interns.
- Last, but certainly not least - finding a full-time job in either radio, television or with one of the record labels. Who knows where her internship will lead?!