Campus Ambassador: Celia Karp
School: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- What are your three must-have items for an internship?
- Pencils and pens (and a colorful set of them at that!)
- Notepad (you never know when you’ll be asked to write something down, realize you want to make your own to-do list or have a brilliant thought come to mind)
- A good night’s sleep (you’ll need the energy to get through the day, and solid rest will help you feel motivated with a clear mind and refueled body)
- What are your three must-visit websites each day?
- What kind of phone do you have?
- Age-old question: Mac or PC?
- What has been your favorite part about being an Intern Queen Campus Ambassador?
Getting to know and learning from the other Campus Ambassadors has been really exciting. This amazing network of driven individuals is a great thing to be a part of. There are also a ton of extraordinary opportunities to get internships through the Intern Queen network, as well as opportunities to participate in various networking events.
- Any advice for other interns?
Don’t be scared to intern outside of your immediate area of interest. Interning for a business or organization that is part of an industry that you are unfamiliar with will enable you to find things that interest you that you may have been unaware of. Keep an open mind. Stay positive throughout everything and your hard work will pay off.