Five Bodyweight Moves: No Excuses!
This blog was written by Gabriella, our Campus Ambassador from Quinnipiac University. You can follow Gabriella on Twitter @gabberzgirl.
If you are anything like me, you ran out of your last final feeling an enormous sense of relief; your mind quickly shifted from endless notes and flashcards to images of the beach. Yes, summer is a time to bask in the sun and enjoy family and friends. However, the sunny season also means settling into a new job or internship.
No one wants to finally end the spring semester and dive head first into another stressful schedule. However, it is still important to maintain a well-balanced routine throughout the summer. So while you are at your job or internship dreaming of a sun-filled weekend, remember that your gorgeous beach body won’t appear out of thin air!
No matter how stressed or overwhelmed you are with your summer schedule, here are five easy moves that you can do anywhere:
1) Planks. These core strengtheners only take a minute to hold and can be done virtually anywhere!
2) Squats. All you need is your own bodyweight and a small area. Be sure to do enough repetitions (the last 2-3 should burn!)
3) Wall Sits. On your lunch break, you will surely be able to find an open wall space to perform this easy move.
4) Crunches. I bet you can’t wait to show off your abs in your new bikini. Be sure to save time during the day to maintain that flat stomach!
5) Mountain Climbers. Feeling adventurous? Drop down to your hands and knees and do a quick set of this fun and challenging move.
Do you hear that? The beach is calling your name, and your toned body awaits. Now get up and get moving! No excuses!