This is a Q&A with Campus Ambassador, Emily, from the University of Minnesota.
1. What are your three must-have items for an internship?
a. If you’re a girl, FLATS, especially if you are interning in New York.
b. Business Cards, once again especially in New York, everyone has them.
c. Ambition, not physical but necessary.
2. What are your three must visit websites each day?
a. My Email – check updates
b. Twitter – keep updated
c. Weather.com – know how to dress
3. What kind of cell phone do you have?
I have a blackberry, but realize I need an iPhone.
4. Age-old question: Mac or PC?
Mac x 10000000
5. What has been your favorite part about being an Intern Queen Campus Ambassador?
It made me realize that I do need internships and how valuable they are. I probably wouldn’t have gotten two of them this summer without learning about the Intern Queen and becoming an ambassador. Also I have met some amazing people who are also ambassadors interning in the same city as me and we’ve become good friends!
6. Any advice for other interns?
I would say not only apply for large company internships but small ones. I have two right now and I am learning so much more valuable information at my smaller company than at the one that has a dozen interns and is well known.
But also embrace the opportunity, even if I am not physically learning as much at the larger one, by watching the actual employees I am learning how the company and that industry works.