Daily inspiration and advice for the ambitious savvy young professional
Have You Met Samantha from Ferris State?
/ 7 years ago
This is a Q&A with our Intern Queen Campus Ambassador from Ferris State University, Samantha.
1. What are your three must-have items for an internship?
Laptop + charger, a snack, lip balm.
2. What are your three must visit websites each day?
Besides Facebook: Twitter or Hootsuite, Bloglovin&, and my internship&s website.
3. What kind of cell phone do you have?
I have a BlackBerry Bold, but after dropping it a few hundred too many times and a lack of downloadable apps, I&ll be an iPhone owner by the end of 2011.
4. Mac or PC?
Mac! I was so anti-Apple for a while, but after my PC died after not even 2 years of owning it, I decided to get a MacBook Pro. Best decision I&ve ever made. Plus, Macs are more common in the business world.
5. What has been your favorite part about being an Intern Queen Campus Ambassador?
It looks great on a resume and it shows such a leadership role on my campus.
6. Any advice for other interns?
Don&t be discouraged if you don&t land an internship. It took me 35-40 e-mails (all to different internships) before I got just ONE interview. Be sure your cover letters are authentic and new each and every time - don&t copy and paste. Be yourself.