Housing for Your Summer Internship in NYC!
You landed that big city internship, or maybe you're still waiting to hear back from the dozens of applications you sent out. Either way, you've made up your mind that interning in NYC this summer is happening.
You're probably diligently calculating costs and planning for your summer in the Big Apple -- as you should be! If you're on InternQueen.com, you understand what it means to be prepared, and I want to make sure you have the best resources at your fingertips.
This week, our friends at Educational Housing Services (EHS), a not-for-profit housing provider in NYC, gave me the inside scoop on their summer housing programs. I have to say I'm impressed! Here are the top five reasons to stay in the EHS facilities this summer:
1. Student Life Program Events. These programs truly set EHS apart, and help interns get the most out of their short time in NYC. EHS's staff has you covered, providing easy access to the city & city events; as well as helping you take advantage of opportunities to network and build lasting friendships. It’s also a great opportunity to see if NYC is where you want to live after graduation!
2. The Experience. EHS prides itself on offering the best possible experience to their students. They're actually launching an app before summer that will be allow this year's residents (that could be YOU!) to share feedback so they can continue to make sure residents are having the best experience possible.
3. Top Notch Facilities. EHS is more than just a place to rest your head at night. They also have study lounges, rec rooms, laundry on-site (in NYC this is a huge deal!), complimentary fitness center access, free WiFi, and more -- PLUS this all helps to create a comfortable community for you and the huge network of your peers also staying at EHS.
4. Locations? Take Your Pick! EHS has locations throughout NYC, so there’s something for everyone -- no matter where your internship is or what kind of lifestyle you prefer. You can stay near Central Park on the Upper East Side (1760 Third Avenue Residence), by the bustling markets and best view of the NYC skyline in Brooklyn Heights (St. George Clark Residence), in the hustle & bustle that New York is known for in Herald Square (New Yorker Residence),or right in the heart of the financial district (55 John Street Residence).
5. Security! Educational Housing Services provides 24/7 security and a live-in student life team, so there is always someone to help you with anything from directions to a concert venue or to finding the best pizza in the city. You'll have a built-in support system from day one. (Hint: this will make your parents very happy!)
Check out the EHS website to get more information and to book your stay.
Still have questions about summer housing in NYC? EHS is hosting a live Google Hangout tomorrow -- Tuesday, March 3rd -- from 2-2:30PM EST. To join, connect with EHS on YouTube: youtube.com/