If you’re on InternQueen.com, we know you’re looking for a unique internship opportunity that will help you launch your career. But what if you could intern AND help other students end the cycle of poverty and attain a better quality of life?
Enter: Course Hero.
Course Hero is a leading advocate of education through technology and believes that access to education is one of the greatest opportunities that students have to build the life of their dreams. Here’s why you should combine your career interests with philanthropy and apply for a PAID virtual internship with Course Hero!
What is Course Hero and why should students know about it?
Course Hero’s Knowledge Drive initiative, in partnership with the international non-profit organization, Books for Africa, is building a powerful academic resource for college students while providing children in Africa with the gift of education.
With the hard work and dedication of interns across the country, we have already donated 160,000+ books to the One Million Books for Gambia project, and hope to continue building a brighter future for learners around the world. As an intern, you will be able to build this resource and contribute to education abroad!
What exciting projects are Course Hero’s interns a part of and what do they learn?
Course Hero interns have the opportunity to participate in workshops relating to interpersonal communication, group communication, networking, marketing, social media, and innovation.
The cool part about this is that interns get to use the skills they develop and create projects that they want to work on. Some of our students have created video marketing projects and class presentations. If they truly excel, interns get to manage interns of their own! This is a promotion opportunity for outstanding interns (looks great on a resume!).
What's unique about Course Hero’s internship program?
The fact that this is a virtual position and is catered to work around intern’s schedules is very unique, and nearly impossible to find in any other internship program. Additionally, once students have successfully made it to the end of the 8 week internship, we provide a resume workshop to help them land their next job!
What are the perks of interning for Course Hero?
This internship is virtual. Interns can work from anywhere as long as they have internet access!
Other benefits include:
- Premier access to Course Hero’s online study resources
- Professional Skill Development and Resume building workshops
- Opportunities for internship extension or promotion to additional leadership roles
- Letters of recommendation and one-on-one mentoring with a Course Hero manager
- Involvement with one of the fastest growing start-ups in the world of education technology
Who is Course Hero’s ideal intern?
A successful intern is someone who is very enthusiastic with a good network of peers. Students who are involved in extracurricular activities usually thrive in the internship, especially if they have leadership roles.
An ideal candidate is:
- Interested in business, communications, education, technology, management, philanthropy, marketing, and/or entrepreneurship
- Involvement on campus desired; leadership positions are a plus
- Goal-oriented and social media savvy - Outgoing, enthusiastic, and creative
- Currently enrolled in school as an undergraduate or graduate student
- A U.S. or Canadian Citizen/have work authorization (Sorry! We are unable to offer any visa sponsorship!)
What can an applicant do to stand out?
Ideal candidates are goal-oriented and social media savvy students interested in business, communications, education, technology, management, philanthropy, marketing, and/or entrepreneurship!
Do some research on Course Hero’s history and projects. Show them that you know what they’re all about and that you have a genuine interest in doing something powerful for education.
When is the deadline to apply?
There is no deadline to apply! Course Hero accepts applicants year-round.
Apply for an internship with Course Hero: