Recognizing the power of influence early on, partners AJ Gerritson and Nicholas Lowe founded 451 Marketing in 2004 and named it after Ray Bradbury’s classic novel, Fahrenheit 451. Their goal was to create a communications agency that could offer its clients a better way to connect, engage, and acquire new customers through innovative and integrated communications strategies.
Because of the collaborative environment of our agency, we are able to offer our interns the opportunity to work one-on-one with team members, learn the ins and outs of our business and client relationships, and cross-train with other teams in our monthly intern training.
Internships are available in the following practice areas:
· PR for Hospitality: Would you love to know about the inner workings of Boston’s hottest restaurants? Are you interested to learn how PR plays a major role in a restaurant’s success?
· PR for Consumer Brands: Would you enjoy working with brands that are regularly featured nationally in television, print, and online? Would you like to help develop and communicate the core messages of these brands to the press?
· Social Media: Are you addicted to Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare? Spend your days learning about how to make these platforms work for businesses in this rapidly growing and ever-changing field.
· Search Marketing: Do you want to learn more about how companies can increase traffic to their websites using both paid and organic search strategies?
· Marketing: Help the hottest agency in Boston stay hot by promoting our brand to the market and media. Assist with events, social media, collateral development, and day-to-day marketing efforts.
· Sales: Are you in the numbers game? Can you see the bigger picture in data? Are you interested in finding just what we need to nail a pitch?
· Graphic Design: Are you looking for real-world design experience in print and web? What about a chance to boost your portfolio and develop your skill?
For interested applicants, we ask that they send their resume and cover letter along with your top two practice areas of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org. For graphic design applicants, we request a link to their portfolio. For marketing applicants, we request a writing sample. Please note, internships at 451 Marketing are unpaid.
*Requirements for 451 Marketing Internships*
Must be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program during time of internship
Minimum duration of internship is four months (January – May 2015)
Minimum weekly time commitment is sixteen hours/week