People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 3 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds, and other “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.
PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
As an advanced intern for peta2, you will strive to make the world a kinder place for animals by inspiring young people to raise their voices against injustice. This is your chance to help change the world! The partnerships advanced intern will help create content with bands, athletes, celebrities, and Internet personalities who are influential and engaging to young people ages 13 to 21 by researching influencers, monitoring social media, assisting on photo and video shoots, brainstorming campaign concepts, and more.
Responsibilities of a peta2 Partnerships Advanced Intern:
• Check music news sites and celebrity gossip sites for information relating to artists and celebrities involved with peta2
• Keep track of artist and celebrity birthdays
• Help organize peta2 merchandise in the office store
• Help coordinate merchandise shipments and send out cards to artists and celebrities
• Research up-and-coming artists, celebrities, athletes, and influencers relevant to the peta2 demographic
• Track and maintain updates to the celebrity release schedule
• Attend brainstorming and concept meetings for celebrity campaigns
• Help facilitate the creation of print and video content by submitting required forms and documents
• When applicable, help set up photo and video shoots by securing catering, any necessary props, booking spaces, etc., and attend photo and video shoots to assist the project manager
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• We're looking for someone who has completed some college coursework or has equivalent experience in the entertainment industry.
• If you're in on what's popular in youth culture, then this could be the gig for you! In your application, be sure to tell us who you think could be the next great animal advocate.
• We need someone who's in the know when it comes to popular social media. If you're a pro at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Vine, and Tumblr, you'll fit right in at peta2.
• You'll need solid writing skills, including excellent grammar and sentence structure, and knowledge of animal rights issues and popular culture.
• Solid organizational skills and attention to detail will help you keep everything on track while juggling multiple projects and due dates. We're looking for someone who has great time management skills and isn't easily stressed out. Remember: This is supposed to be fun! Many people say that they "thrive under pressure," but this position has no shortage of tight deadlines, so you must really be able to crank out high-quality work within short timeframes.
• Shh! Can you keep a secret? All the cool, confidential projects that you'll be working on while interning will be under lock and key until they're released, which means no Facebook posts or Twitter updates about them. Got it?
• Naturally, you'd need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living a vegan lifestyle would be part of this. How else would you know who really makes the best vegan cheese?
• Other than having a passion for animal rights and a "go get 'em" attitude, that's it for desired qualifications. Apply now—we can't wait to meet you!
Benefits & Perks:
Full-time, temporary (Start date ASAP for 3 months)
$9 hourly stipend