The goal of the Boston magazine advertising internship program is to fully immerse students in a sales environment. All advertising interns will work closely with the Sales team on a daily basis, with focus on sales contracts, fact checking, media kits and reporting.
– Assist the sales team with general tasks including the Advertising Assistants, the Account Executives and the Publisher.
– Fact Check all ads prior to production – call, research, check for grammatical errors, etc.
– Prospect using competitive magazines and Media Radar.
– Tab editorial mentions of clients in previous issues.
– Prepare Sales Meeting Materials for Account Executives.
– Organize the Media Kit closet.
– Write-up renewal contracts for sales reps.
– Use of internal contract database to pull Sales Detail Reports, Missing Materials Reports, Client History Reports and client information.
• Add new contacts and additional information.
• Use of web-based ad database to pull ads that have previous run.
• Provide front desk coverage as needed.
• Assist the marketing team with major events.
Use of internal contact database to pull prospecting lists and e-blast lists.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Extremely organized and detail oriented.
– Candidate should be self-motivated and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Please note: Training on the following internal databases will be provided: MAX, ACT, Media Radar, and Portfolio.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify in the subject line that you are interested in the Advertising internship. Mailed applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Deadline to apply is March 15th.