The Documentary Production Department is dedicated to telling Alabama stories in ways that make them not only relevant to Alabamians but to the nation as a whole. Through strong production values and an eye for the unique, the Department seeks to chronicle those people and places that have always deserved attention but somehow slipped through the cracks.
This internship primarily consists of video editing on professional editing platforms. APT seeks to provide a solid educational experience to participants by broadening their understanding of public television and every level of professional television production.
Responsibilities may include:
* Refining editing skills on high definition Final Cut Studio systems
* Creating promotional pieces for APT’s Development and Public Information departments
* “B” camera operation
* Location Production Assistance
* Working with the Network Operations Center to deliver and retrieve programming to and from the broadcast server
* Encoding video for DVD and to Flash
* Website maintenance
* Becoming familiar with emerging industry recording media standards like XDCAM, HDCAM and SxS memory cards as well as media storage systems and techniques
* Documentary story and industry research
The ideal candidate will be a Communications, History or English major at a nearby university. He or she should have strong computer and troubleshooting skills and be able to work independently in a technical environment with little supervision. Basic working knowledge of Final Cut Studio required. Experience with Adobe After Effects a strong plus. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator also recommended.
Please note this job description is meant to be a generic description and represents the minimum job duties an individual may be required to perform. Individual departments will/can customize job descriptions and hours of work to meet their specific needs.