Intern in DC and Learn at American University
Learn more about the Washington Semester Program, DC’s longest running intern-for-credit program. www.american.edu/washsem
PROGRAM DATES AND OVERVIEW
January 13-May 4, 2016
Priority Deadline: September 15, 2015
GENEROUS SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING AVAILABLE!
If you are looking for a life changing internship and learning experience, American University’s Washington Semester Program was designed just for you! Our program offers a chance for you to gain internship experience AND earn up to 15 units in transferable academic credit, right here in our Nation’s Capital!
The Washington Semester Program takes the hassle out of getting internship experience and credit. Enjoy the best of both worlds as you live in the heart of Washington, DC:
- Learn from expert faculty in each of our programs
- Watch history unfold before your eyes at the White House, on Capitol Hill, and in the Supreme Court
- Participate in discussions and site visits of leading companies and agencies in the most competitive fields
- Build your network with decisions makers and like-minded future leaders
- Enjoy furnished residential accommodations on the American University campus
- Take advantage of having a diverse community at your fingertips
- Explore the wonders of the Nation’s Capital and surrounding metropolitan areas
Apply today – we offer generous scholarships toward your enrollment!
- Over $1.5 million in scholarships awarded every year
- More than 80% of students receive funding
- Average awards of $1,000 to $5000
- INTERNSHIPS + COURSE CREDIT
Our internships are designed for all majors. Our partners, database, and fair opportunities guarantee that you find the perfect internship to advance your personal and career goals. With over 30 companies dedicated to working directly with Washington Semester students, our program areas include:
Journalism & New Media
Global Economics and Business
International Law and Organizations
Justice and Law
Religion, Politics, Peace, and Security
We encourage you to apply for the upcoming September 15th deadline to gain priority admissions and scholarship decisions. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until November 2.
To learn more about the Washington Semester Program and to begin an online application, please visit www.american.edu/washsem.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-895-4900 (ph)/ 202-895-4960 (fax)