About Aspen Art Museum:
The Aspen Art Museum is an accredited, globally preeminent, non-collecting museum that organizes and presents the newest, most important evolutions in global contemporary art through a dynamic exhibition program of sixteen to eighteen shows per year. With an annual operating budget of $7 million and a team of over seventy professional staff members, the AAM is situated in an iconic building in a picturesque environment with an exceptionally active community of contemporary art collectors. With our August 2014 opening of a new Shigeru Ban–designed facility in downtown Aspen with 17,500 square feet of exhibition space, this is an unprecedented time to join the Aspen Art Museum. The Aspen Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
* Maintain active list of press, media, and marketing contacts
* Coordinate media requests, such as sending out images and press releases
* Photograph AAM events for social media and archival purposes
* Produce digital content and manage social media communication across multiple institutional platforms
* Research media coverage and industry trends
* Assist in strategies to improve effective AAM internal communication
* Maintain an archive of all press, marketing, and PR materials
* Compile and generate press kits for AAM meetings and stakeholder informational purposes
* Potential to gain valuable experience with social media marketing, event preparation, and public relations leading up to and during ArtCrush, the museum’s annual summer fundraiser in Aspen
*Desire to learn more about public relations and marketing
*Ability to read, understand, and complete written and verbal requests and work assignments
*Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
*Strong organizational skills
*The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting
*Excellent verbal communication skills
*Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure
*Keen attention to detail
*Ability to work independently
*Ability to represent the museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to museum policies, maintain confidentiality, and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner
*A positive attitude and flexibility in an ever-changing environment
*Interest in and commitment to contemporary art
*Flexible, highly responsible, articulate, self-motivated
*Proficiency in standard computer applications and programs e.g., MS Word, Email, MS Excel, Photoshop, and file management
*Ability to classify, record, and compile archived information into a data system
*Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
Qualified applicants may send a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “PR-Marketing Intern.” Please include a cover letter.
Benefits & Perks:
GREAT place to work! Collaborative and creative co-workers, beautiful new building, amazing views and weather. Aspen is a wonderful place to work and play!
Internship Description of Duties:
The Public Relations and Marketing Internship will begin in June and last for a minimum of six weeks—possibility to extend time frame based on intern availability. The Public Relations and Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting with the implementation of public relations initiatives and marketing strategies for all of the Aspen Art Museum’s programs and publications as well as maintaining the archive for the department. An ideal intern is interested in the communications, public relations, or marketing fields, and social media management. The schedule is flexible: typically 15–20 hours per week between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekends.
15-30 Hours Per Week