SOCIAL MEDIA (50%): Create, manage, and optimize daily social media content and strategy via Buffer and Feedly platforms. Brainstorm effective ways to publicize blog content and inventory via Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Make meaningful connections with design bloggers, clients, and members of the media.
BLOGGING: (50%): Assist in the creation and curation of an editorial calendar, create blog content related to interior design trends, DIY, and more, assist in writing and producing a monthly newsletter, adhere to deadlines.
OPTIONAL: EVENT PRODUCTION (5%): Produce, and potentially execute, a media-attended Y&YFV event to be held on-site, complete with project timeline. Develop attendee prospect list(s). Create and lead communications with attendees, clients, and media. Work directly with Y&YFV designer in development of advertising and branding materials as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited university with at least a sophomore standing, and be pursuing a degree relevant to this opportunity.
You must have:
▪ Knowledge of Shopify e-commerce CMS
▪ Social media proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Twitter
▪ Aptitude for MailChimp
▪ A laptop computer
Bonus: Proficiency in SEO, Google Analytics, Buffer, Feedly
Please apply if. . .
• You have experience blogging, and experience in creating a social media following
• You're a home decor fanatic
• You have creative ideas
• You're a top-notch written--and verbal--communicator
And, if you have. . .
• Drive to quickly execute ideas and concepts
• Initiative to follow up
• Ability to make valuable recommendations
• Exceptional time-management skills
TIMING & COMMITMENT:
• This position is based in Y&YFV's Brooklyn studio/showroom and is available for the Spring 2016 semester (dates flexible).
• Candidates must be able to work on-site, 2-to-3 days/week.
• Candidate should expect a 15- to 20-hour workweek.
• Must commit to a 12-week program (with option to extend).
• Though the internship is unpaid, academic credit is available and subway travel will be reimbursed.
• Snacks provided.
▪ Loads of autonomy.
▪ Unlimited networking opportunities with magazine editors, bloggers, and interior design pros.
▪ The chance to take projects from initial concept to fruition--with heaps of hands-on experience.
▪ Honest, insightful writing critiques by seasoned editor/writer.
▪ An opportunity to produce published clips.
▪ One-on-one guidance and steady feedback.
Email a resume and cover letter, including:
• A link to your portfolio or personal website
• Relevant social media handles (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter).