Bridge to Success is a Chicago-based non-profit organization. Our mission is the enhancement of employment opportunities for to at-risk, low/no-income, hard-to-employ men, women and youth by providing high-end interview clothing coupled with coaching to build self-confidence through appearance, interview preparation and a sense of belonging at the workplace. Bridge to Success operates a chic, high-end resale boutique, The Bottomline Boutique, as its social enterprise operation. Bridge to Success is the only agency serving men, women and young adults city-wide.
Bridge to Success is looking for volunteer interns who are service oriented, self-starters with fresh, innovative ideas who will assist us hands-on in styling clients and/or merchandising our resale boutique, promote our e-commerce endeavor, market through social media and/or working one-on-one styling clients. We provide a broad range of opportunities tailored to interns' strengths and passions. Our interns apply decision making skills, gaining valuable on-the-job experience that allows them to invest in their future.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Are you a people person who is interested in styling? Want to gain small-business experience? You can achieve that working in our boutique or dressing our very important clients.
Interns serve as the clothing consultant/stylist providing the opportunity to learn about a client’s job search, their sense of style and color and what works with their body type and personality. This unique opportunity allows an intern to gain confidence in their ability to work with a variety of individuals, learning the importance of customer service and communication.
In the boutique you will use your fashion and design skills to keep the boutique looking chic and well ordered. Internship includes planning, implementing and marketing of boutique sales and special events. Interns will assist in merchandising inventory, pricing items for resale; researching designer & consignment items and partnering with retailers and companies to plan clothing drives or discover new revenue streams for the organization
Bridge to Success is looking for volunteer interns with retail and/or customer service backgrounds who are service oriented, self-starters with fresh, innovative ideas who will assist us in one-on-one styling of clients and/or merchandising our client services center. The internship program is intended to be educational, inspirational, and purposeful.
* Customer service skills and orientation needed
* Interpersonal skills; ability to relate well to people from a variety of different backgrounds, cultures and experiences
* Ability to work well independently and as a self- starter
* Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurially, and innovatively with the ability to see the "big picture"
* Maintain awareness of inventory
* Use visual, design and organization skills to keep business areas looking well-ordered and updated
* Serve as clothing consultant/personal shopper for individual clients learning about their job search as well as their sense of style and color and what works with their body type and personality
* Work with inventory to spot vintage and designer label items to photograph and sell online at or through consigning items to other resale operations.
* Research designer and consignment items, write descriptions, photograph and assist with management and promotion Management skills necessary for success in an ever-changing environment