The NBCUniversal Operations & Technical Services Internship Program is a ten-week paid summer program where students see firsthand how one of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world operates. As an intern with NBCUniversal O&TS, you will:
• Begin your internship with a 2-day immersion experience in New York City, which introduces you to NBCUniversal and O&TS.
• Be placed on an assignment (matched from your skillset and interest), which provides you with hands-on experience, allowing you to apply your classroom knowledge to practical situations.
• Participate in a Speaker Series program where you learn about different aspects of the organization from senior management in small group settings.
• Compete in a challenging real-world team project among your fellow O&TS interns, including a presentation to key stakeholders.
• Develop skills and a NBCUniversal network, placing you in favorable position for competitive entry-level positions and rotational programs
NBCUniversal Internships are available in below fields:
Emerging Technology/Media Labs
Partners and advises various NBCUniversal divisions about emerging technology opportunities by researching and developing creative, advanced technical proof of concepts (POCs), software applications and prototypes in a range of new, emerging media and consumer technologies.
Innovates, integrates and supports the systems that enable NBCUniversal’s production, editing, distribution, and newsroom operations.
Focuses on maintaining and improving the company's core infrastructure in today's rapidly evolving digital world, while also serving as a strategic partner to our TV, film and theme park businesses as they embark upon their paths to digital business innovation.
Content Preparation & Management (Media Operations Group)
The integrated content management, broadcast preparation, and multi-platform distribution of all NBCUniversal cable and network content.
East Coast TV Operations
Technical solutions, construction, and support for the studio productions and distribution of television content.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Associate’s degree program focused on a technical field (electrical engineering, computer science, Film/TV production, digital media technology, telecommunications, or related major)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Previous internship or work experience
• Passionate about staying current with technology changes
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation
• Proven self-awareness in a variety of work environments
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Previous work experience in an office environment
• Previous media industry experience is a plus
• Demonstrated technical/analytical skills and sharp business acumen
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Interested candidates should apply HERE