Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals passionate about delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver valuable opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
· You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
· You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives, trust, and leverage design thinking to drive outstanding business impact and elevate Audit’s value proposition.
· You’re a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know-how, so you’ll want to ensure that technology doesn’t scare you off.
· Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
What You Can Expect
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing. Our desire is simple – change banking for good by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity back to finance. But that only happens if we dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way. What you can expect during your internship:
- Training and Development– Learn the Audit process from beginning to end, while also having access to our award winning Capital One University
- Experience – Have ownership of work within one of the nation’s strongest financial institution audit departments, supporting operational, financial, compliance, or information technology audits
- Team Building – Develop relationships with intern peers, associates, and executives at planned events throughout the summer
As an Internal Audit Intern you will:
- Seek to understand a line of business and its strategy, processes, systems, and
- Evaluate controls implemented by management for mitigating risks
- Test controls and meet with management to observe and discuss business operations
- Identify areas for opportunity and collaborate with other auditors to dimension any issues within a line of business
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2018 and August 2019
- In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant major (e.g., accounting, finance, information systems, or information security)
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
In addition to applying through InternQueen.com please submit your application here:
Capital One does not sponsor International Visas, applicants must be able to work in the US.