At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
As an intern, you will join one of the Commercial Bank’s unique lines of business and have the opportunity to be a part of projects and transactions accelerating the growth of the Commercial Bank. Over the course of your 10 weeks with us, you will gain a strong understanding of the Commercial Banking business and the multitude of components that support it. Along with hands-on training and direct deal & project experience, you will also receive mentorship from senior leaders, networking opportunities, and exposure to executives across the entire Commercial Bank.
During your internship, you’ll have the opportunity to make a lasting impression through collaboration with your team and colleagues on client deliverables and strategic business initiatives. Whether your role is assisting on a new product roll-out, participating in financial statement analyses, or reviewing credit and risk exposures, your work will have a direct impact on the Commercial Bank’s corporate clients.
Responsibilities may include:
- Company and market research to conduct quantitative and/or qualitative financial projections and forecasting
- Development and execution of business process optimization projects
- Industry research and macro trend analysis for Bank strategy initiatives
- Loan proposals and credit file review for critical elements such as compliance, accuracy and credit risk
- Development of presentations for delivery of project, deal and/or financial updates to clients and leadership
- Participation in client experience improvement priorities
Internships are available within the following business lines: Middle Market lending, Commercial Real Estate lending, the Financial Institutions Group, Healthcare & Technology, Media and Telecom Commercial lending, Commercial Operations, Treasury Management, Capital Markets, and Credit Risk.
Locations include but are not exclusive to: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Washington D.C. Metro Area (McLean, VA; Bethesda, MD); New Orleans, LA; and Richmond, VA. Business opportunities may vary across location
Capital One’s Commercial Bank is committed to being an industry leader, driving game-changing initiatives through innovation and collaboration. We are looking for interns who want to be part of this fast-paced, strategically-growing business that is changing the way companies manage their complex financial needs.
- Will obtain a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2018 and August 2019
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Major may include but not limited to Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Math
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team-oriented traits
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment
In addition to applying through InternQueen.com candidates must fill out the job application here: https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/403521241;203733187;r?https://campus.capitalone.com/job/new-york/commercial-bank-intern-other-amazing-universities-17-18/1786/5165701?utm_source=internqueen.com&utm_campaign=fall_campus_reqs&utm_medium=job_board&utm_content=job_posting&ss=paid
Capital One does not sponsor International Visas, applicants must be able to work in the US.