As an intern, you will join one of the Commercial Bank’s unique lines of business and have the opportunity to be a part of projects and transactions accelerating the growth of the Commercial Bank. Over the course of your 10 weeks with us, you will gain a strong understanding of the Commercial Banking business and the multitude of components that support it. Along with hands-on training and direct deal & project experience, you will also receive mentorship from senior leaders, networking opportunities, and exposure to executives across the entire Commercial Bank.
During your internship, you’ll have the opportunity to make a lasting impression through collaboration with your team and colleagues on client deliverables and strategic business initiatives. Whether your role is assisting on a new product roll-out, participating in financial statement analyses, or reviewing credit and risk exposures, your work will have a direct impact on the Commercial Bank’s corporate clients.
Responsibilities may include:
- Company and market research to conduct quantitative and/or qualitative financial projections and forecasting
- Development and execution of business process optimization projects
- Industry research and macro trend analysis for Bank strategy initiatives
- Loan proposals and credit file review for critical elements such as compliance, accuracy and credit risk
- Development of presentations for delivery of project, deal and/or financial updates to clients and leadership
- Participation in client experience improvement priorities
Internships are available within the following business lines: Middle Market lending, Commercial Real Estate lending, the Financial Institutions Group, Healthcare & Technology, Media and Telecom Commercial lending, Commercial Operations, Treasury Management, Capital Markets, and Credit Risk.
Locations include but are not exclusive to: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Washington D.C. Metro Area (McLean, VA; Bethesda, MD); New Orleans, LA; and Richmond, VA. Business opportunities may vary across location
Capital One’s Commercial Bank is committed to being an industry leader, driving game-changing initiatives through innovation and collaboration. We are looking for interns who want to be part of this fast-paced, strategically-growing business that is changing the way companies manage their complex financial needs.
- Will obtain a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2018 and August 2019
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Major may include but not limited to Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Math
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team-oriented traits
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment
In addition to applying through InternQueen.com candidates must fill out the job application here: https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/403521241;203733187;r?https://campus.capitalone.com/job/new-york/commercial-bank-intern-other-amazing-universities-17-18/1786/5165701?utm_source=internqueen.com&utm_campaign=fall_campus_reqs&utm_medium=job_board&utm_content=job_posting&ss=paid
Capital One does not sponsor International Visas, applicants must be able to work in the US.