At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Management Rotation Program (MRP) intern, you will rely heavily on the leadership skills you’ve been developing throughout your college experience. You’ll have responsibility for several projects and / or processes, and will be a valued team member – working to launch products, develop innovative strategies, and create new functionality for our associates and customers. Interns will gain exposure to four professional tracks within the company – agile, risk management, process management and project management. If you’re passionate about problem solving and finding new solutions, as well as refining your communications skills, learning how to lead with influence and driving business-building results, an MRP internship could be right fit for you.
Interns should be adaptable to their environment, autonomous, and comfortable navigating the gray space. While in the program, you will hear from executive speakers and associates about their career and experiences at Capital One, as well as have an opportunity to sharpen your communication and problem-solving skills in a business environment.
· Develop and lead team schedules and tasks
· Deliver project-related communications and status updates
· Lead customer relationships
· Identify and handle risks, assumptions, dependencies and issues
· Drive and communicate process improvements and process changes
· Be an active and engaged member of a team that is working on delivering features to our associates and / or customers
· Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside the team
· Keep information about the team's progress up-to-date, accurate, appropriately detailed, and visible to all parties
Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2018 and August 2019
· In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, engineering, economics, or information systems majors
· Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
· Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
· Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
In addition to applying through Internqueen.com please also submit your application here: https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/403521241;203733187;r?https://campus.capitalone.com/job/richmond/management-rotation-program-intern-other-amazing-universities-17-18/1786/5263637?utm_source=internqueen.com&utm_campaign=fall_campus_reqs&utm_medium=job_board&utm_content=job_posting&ss=paid