At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technology Internship Program - Other Amazing Universities 17-18
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Do you want to experiment and innovate using the latest technologies to engineer breakthrough customer experiences?
Then we want you!
We recruit for two technical roles within our Technology Internship Program:
· Chart the digital frontier in one of our Mobile (Native), Web, or API development
· Build out our analytic capabilities using modern data technologies
· Deploy robust data products and services, as well as, enable rich visualization, data exploratory, and machine learning capabilities. Use open source technologies (Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Pig, Python, NoSQL databases, etc.) and deploy applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure)
Here is what to expect during your 10 weeks:
· A challenging role where you’ll collaborate with a diverse and passionate team of talented engineers
· Engaging executive speakers and opportunities to interact closely with senior leaders
· Training & development sessions to build out your skillset on topics such iOS and Android, AWS, Open Source Big Data tools, Security, Voice Driven Applications, and more
· Intern-wide hackathons and case competitions
· Fun social, networking, and volunteer events with a cohort of other college interns
We’re here to help you gain knowledge both on the job and in the classroom. Our engineers have access to continuous learning through our very own Tech College, a world-class learning hub that offers both online and in-person classes across 13 disciplines—Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Mobile, Machine Learning & AI, to name a few.
Life at Capital One
Our associates flourish in our open culture where a meritocracy of ideas and harnessing collective wisdom trump titles and hierarchy. We proudly bring together associates with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences where they can challenge the status quo and reimagine money to inspire life.
· Creative, open and collaborative workspaces
· On-site fitness centers with group exercise classes, recreational sports, personal training
· Health centers that serve primary care provider’s office and pharmacies
· Incredible benefits like tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, discount associate stock purchase program and more
· #17 – Fortune 100 Best Places to Work for 2017
· #1 – InformationWeek Elite 100 2016 - most innovative users of business technology.
· Anita Borg Top Companies to Work for Women Technologists
· Vault’s #1 Technology and Engineering Internship
· Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2018 and August 2019
· In process of obtaining a Bachelors Degree or higher in a technical and/or quantitative discipline, including computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, and mathematics
· Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
· Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
In addition to applying through InternQueen.com please also submit your application at:
Capital One does not sponsor International Visas, applicants must be able to work in the US