The Fragrance & Beauty PR Intern will shadow Chanel, Inc.'s Fragrance & Beauty PR department with any project assigned by a PR team member, as well as keeping the office space, magazines and files organized and up to date.
Projects and activities include:
- Learning how to properly organize and restock the product closets accordingly
- Learning about product send outs to publications and makeup artists
- Shadowing supervisor in facilitating new product launch mailings
- Scanning and organizing magazine clippings on the computer
- Organizing magazine wall
- Assisting at events, with check-in and event set-up
- Conducting online/blog research and clip tracking to gain a better grasp of the Public Relations field
- Special projects may be given to each intern by each team member (i.e. learning how to conduct makeup artist cover credit reports or competitor event reports)
Learning objectives include:
- Learning how to use Fashion GPS to track and file product send outs
- Exposure to the Fragrance & Beauty industry, as well as developing knowledge on Chanel F&B products
- Developing stress and time management skills
Skills and Knowledge/Pre-requisites:
Passion, desire to work in Fragrance & Beauty, in the marketing or PR fields
Proficient with Microsoft Office software
Thirst for learning
Ability to handle stress and pressure at work
Ability to professionally interact and work with others
MUST have Fashion GPS experience
Intern candidates must be at least in their Sophomore year.
Background in Communications, PR, or Marketing majors or minors preferred.
At least one previous related internship experience with another top brand, at a PR firm or at a fashion publication.
Ideally, the intern candidate has a good recommendation from another Chanel employee or from an editor at one of the publications Chanel works with.
The intern must be able to provide documentation from school stating s/he will receive credit(s) upon completion of the internship.
Intern must be available 3 full business days per week.