About Chanel, Inc.:
Chanel, Inc. is looking for passionate, mature and professional Skincare Interns who will shadow the team with daily business operations and support, and be responsible for supporting the US Skincare Marketing team through marketing and promotional efforts, competitive and trend analysis and help manage Skincare product launches and campaign performance.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Projects and activities include:
- Becoming adept at NPD data modules and learning how to analyze competitive activity including media reports (SOM/SOV analysis)
- Analyzing and interpreting market trends and competitive environment through research and competitive shopping; share learnings with team.
- Maintaining competitive advertisement and Chanel printed material archives
- Learning how to monitor and update pricing activity of competitors
- Being exposed to ad-hoc day-to-day operations (attending retailer presentations, regional meeting preparations, international marketing meeting preparations, SMTs, understanding creative development process, closet restocking, marketing archives, and competitive merchandise maintenance)
- Assisting in the management of Skincare Magazine Events (including scheduling, organizing and planning events)
Learning objectives include:
- Develop understanding of Marketing’s role and function within the organization
- Build analytical and quantitative skillset
- Partner with cross-function teams for better integration and to gain exposure to Chanel’s internal support teams
- Embrace the Chanel culture and methodologies
- Multi-tasking, timeliness and project management
Skills and Knowledge/Pre-requisites:
Strong analytical skills
Advanced Excel and Powerpoint
Organizational skills, ability to multi-task and follow-up
Refined writing skills
Prior analytical and/or operational experience
The Intern must be able to receive school credit and provide documentation from school verifying so.