REQUIREMENTS/NECESSARY SKILLS FOR RECRUITMENT:
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Learning and using the Bandits ticketing system
* Selling single, group, and season tickets to prospective buyers
* Seek out groups, businesses and individuals to purchase tickets by using phones to call previous customers, new customers and businesses to ensure 1,200 tickets sold per game.
* Make phone calls to fans, new leads, and businesses per day
* Making connections with fans to create a positive atmosphere in the ballpark
* Keep a constant call log in the Bandits database to track number of calls made and results of calls.
* Turn in a call sheet on a weekly basis for review and feedback
* Outside-the-office marketing and public interaction will be required of intern from time to time, working public events, conducting grass roots type marketing.
* Operational fan services tasks during game days and events
* Other duties may be asked of interns besides what is listed above
Term of internship is negotiable, with the start date beginning as early as March 1, 2018 and the end date being discussed between the director and intern. At the end date of the internship, all parties shall meet and review the internship and discuss possible further opportunities, if an opportunity exists. The Chicago Bandits do their best to schedule interns accordingly so that all hours, events and games are covered to ensure a positive fan experience and working environment.
In addition to applying through InternQueen.com please send cover letter and resume to Alex Flasch at firstname.lastname@example.org.