Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
College Tourist is looking for adventurous, vibrant and socially-connected students to intern during the Spring 2016 semester and help connect students to travel, professional & educational opportunities on campuses throughout the US and beyond.
Our interns will work on social media and blog content. They will support in editing and posting content on our site and social media platforms. There is also the opportunity to have your work published on partner travel sites like HuffPost College. Duties will include, but not be limited, to:
• Staying on top of trending topics and conversations we should be a part of -- think: education, travel, study abroad.
• Creating & editing copy for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and some Instagram).
• Editing & posting College Tourist Ambassadors' posts.
• Brainstorming topics for content and special offers/promos.
• Periodic marketing and social media challenges to promote the College Tourist brand.
• Implementing and brainstorming new ways to engage on different platforms & grow our social media following.
• Creating fun graphics to post to the page highlighting different events, quotes, etc.
• Monitoring and participating in Twitter Chats (opportunities to build your own voice on social media!).
• Tracking Analytics and gathering/reporting insights to superiors.
• Passionate about travel, education, social media and writing
• Journalism, marketing & PR majors preferred
• Self-starter who sees tasks through to the finish
• Entrepreneurial spirited, problem solver
• Excellent grammar. Prior content experience preferred.
• Punctual, reliable & trustworthy
• Available to intern 12-15 hours per week, during business hours EASTERN time.
Please submit a resume, (including your social media handles) and writing sample via the Intern Queen site (upload with your cover letter).