About College Tourist:
College Tourist exists to connect students with travel and experiential learning opportunities of a lifetime. We believe that true education begins when young people step outside of their geographic and cultural comfort zones through travel.
TheCollegeTourist.com is the leading collegiate travel blog and global community for students studying in the US and abroad. We provide travel resources and tips for destinations across the globe – all from real students’ perspectives. We are a Huffington Post College contributor and serve as a platform for students to publish their writing while connecting brands with key student influencers across the country.
We are looking for four (4) interns to join our team for the Fall 2015 semester.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
College Tourist is looking for adventurous, vibrant and socially-connected students to intern during the Fall 2015 semester and help connect students to travel, professional & educational opportunities on campuses throughout the US and beyond.
Our interns will work on social media and blog content. They will support in editing and posting content on our site and social media platforms. There is also the opportunity to have your work published on partner travel sites like HuffPost College. Duties will include, but not be limited, to:
• Staying on top of trending topics and conversations we should be a part of -- think: education, travel, study abroad.
• Creating & editing copy for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and some Instagram).
• Editing & posting College Tourist Ambassadors' posts.
• Working directly with Founder and Editor-In-Chief, Alison Tatham
• Brainstorming topics for content and special offers/promos.
• Periodic marketing and social media challenges to promote the College Tourist brand.
• Implementing and brainstorming new ways to engage on different platforms & grow our social media following.
• Creating fun graphics to post to the page highlighting different events, quotes, etc.
• Monitoring and participating in Twitter Chats (opportunities to build your own voice on social media!).
• Tracking Analytics and gathering/reporting insights to superiors.
• Passionate about travel, education, social media and writing
• Journalism, marketing & PR majors preferred
• Self-starter who sees tasks through to the finish
• Entrepreneurial spirited, problem solver
• Excellent grammar. Prior content experience preferred.
• Punctual, reliable & trustworthy
• Available to intern 12-15 hours per week, during business hours EASTERN time (based in NYC).
Please submit a resume, (including your social media handles) and writing sample via the Intern Queen site (upload with your cover letter).
Benefits & Perks:
• Author’s Profile page containing your work that can be linked to your resume and LinkedIn account
• The potential for your work to be published on Her Campus, Huffington Post College and other third party sites.
• Free swag based on marketing milestones and partnerships.
12-15 Hours Per Week