The Colorado Gay-Straight Alliance Network, a project of One Colorado, was launched to provide tools and resources to empower LGBTQ and Allied students to combat bullying and make their schools safer. The Network was also created to build a statewide network of Gay-Straight Alliances, to connect students across the state and facilitate leadership development through regional and statewide engagement.
● Tracking and maintaining state GSA database
● Aid in communication with the Youth Leadership Council, grantees, and CO GSA Network members
● Assist with CO GSA events- Leadership Summit, Convening, Leadership Council, etc.
● Help establish annual “Welcome” program for school GSAs
● Contribute and aid in facilitation of monthly newsletter
● Creating new content for the Colorado Gay-Straight Alliance Network Website and Facebook Page, which includes, but is not limited to, website and video blog posts from local, statewide and national news
● Building the Colorado GSA Network's social media capacity by sending information to their networks on a consistent basis
● Maintaining the Colorado GSA Network website & social media operation as needed
● Supporting the Colorado GSA Network’s Program Manager as needed
● Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word & Excel)
● Excellent verbal and written skills
● Interest in LGBT advocacy, the Safe Schools Movement, and a commitment to social justice
● Experience with Facebook, Wordpress, websites and iMovie helpful
● Ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment