New Story is on a mission to create one of the strongest donor communities out there. We pride ourselves on our 100% transparency model and our core value to express gratitude and empathy.
Out of our 5 core values, our 1st is to Express gratitude and empathy: always go above and beyond to do for others what you'd like them to do for you.
That means as an entire company expressing gratitude is at the top of our list. From our donors to our advisors to our interns, we are on a mission to give thanks, give back, and change the world.
As Community Management Intern, you’ll support and lead strategic initiatives that will help New Story continue to grow and scale.
You’ll have the unique responsibility and rare opportunity to build and grow an innovative organization. Your contributions will make a large impact on the company, and on the lives of families around the world. Instead of status quo intern tasks, a New Story internship means your resume will boast quantifiable accomplishments like the number of campaigns you started, the amount of money that was raised as a result of your efforts, in addition to skills that other innovative startups are looking for.
An additional benefit is that New Story is an opportunity to get internship experience while working remotely. One of our co-founders will check in and set goals via email and a bi-weekly phone call, but otherwise, you have the freedom to work as it fits in your own schedule. But best of all - the work you do matters. You will have designed, created, and impacted on a scale that is only possible with a new organization. If you’re open to it, we seek to flood you with opportunities for learning and growth in the field of entrepreneurship.
• Launch a community management strategy around giving thanks and giving back, plan how we as an organization can say thank you online.
• You will bridge the gap between our online donors and our online community. How do we get a donor on our site to become a member of the community?
• Draft social media posts promoting donor campaigns, research and pull accurate social media information on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Help New Story grow their community through social listening, hashtag campaigns, and online engagement.- Research and vet social listening tools to develop a strategy the entire team can use.
• Make sure we are giving thanks and giving as much gratitude as possible. Help us say thank you just because, and show gratitude for every single donation no matter how small.
You find resourceful ways to accomplish your goal and don’t let small obstacles stand in your way. You’re a doer and make things happen. Nothing slows you down.
You’re a Good Communicator
You’re natural with people. Meeting new people doesn’t scare you. You love sharing a message you believe in.
You're independent and self-motivated
You can accomplish a variety of tasks without constant management. You love working on things bigger than yourself. You’re confident in your ability and humble at the same time.
Benefits to Interning at New Story
• Work on building communities around the world
• Learn from a fast growing Y-Combinator startup and gain valuable real world experience
• Join us for our team dinner (usually Wednesday or Thursday) on us
• School credit for your internship
• Opportunity to travel with us to the field
• Join the New Story team on our monthly adventure (somewhere in the Bay Area)
You’ll commit to a 4 month internship and be available to work 10-20 hours a week.
We'll coordinate with your school to provide academic credit for your work. This is an unpaid internship, but an amazing opportunity to gain real world experience and learn from a fast growing startup.
This internship is located in San Francisco, CA (remote options available).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and why you're interested in joining New Story as a intern.