Launching in early 2014, The Compare Site is an online resource for comparison shoppers of financial products. We’re a young, start up atmosphere looking to add to our growing team. We’re looking for teachable individuals, either currently enrolled in school or just entering the work place with a background in English, Journalism, Communications or Finance to contribute to our research and content team. There are strong job prospects for those who complete the 3 to 6-month internship program.
The Compare Site – Research & Content Team
Reporting to Editorial and Content Management Team
We know that no one is interested in working for free. We offer a small hourly wage and we value our interns, their growth and their contributions to the team. We gladly work with your school to offer college credit or references for those looking to make a career transition. If you’d like to join our team full time, the opportunity is available after the completion of at least a 90-day internship (wherein you kicked total butt).
- Available for a (3) or (6) month commitment.
- Communications, English, Journalism or Finance degree or major.
- Either Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday.
- (2) 8hr days, with 4hrs of remote work to complete articles.
- We are flexible with the days; don’t let this prevent you from applying. Four 5hr days or five 4hr days is also an option.
What You Can Expect:
- Research for articles and idea pitches in response to current news stories.
- Learning and helping to manage Sitefinity and TextBroker.
- Writing and the opportunity to earn by lines on our site.
- Mentorship and feedback on your work.
- Education: SEO principles, Editorial Calendar, Research and Data Tracking.
- Errands. This is last for a reason. Your primary focus will be to contribute to the writing and editorial teams daily and weekly publication goals.
Send us the following as PDF attachments:
- Your resume
- (2) samples of your best work
Send us the following in the body of the email (300 words or less total):
- One paragraph on your background in SEO, finance, journalism or other pertinent experience.
- One paragraph on when you’re available to begin and what your previous (or current) job or internship experience has taught you.