About CRWN Magazine:
CRWN Magazine exists to create a progressive dialogue around what it really means to “go natural” in America. Through beautiful content, thoughtful commentary, hair inspiration and resources; we’re telling the world the truth about black women by showcasing a new standard of beauty — and documenting our story in tangible, print form.
Our brand pillars are knowledge of self, sisterhood, self-love and authenticity.
As seen in: As seen in: Huffington Post, Essence Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine & Ms. Magazine.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
• Entrepreneurial spirit: hustlers only!
• Extreme attention to detail
• High level of organization (Google Docs, Google Calendars, etc.)
• Strong understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube)
• Problem-solving & critical thinking
• Prior promotions/marketing/ambassador experience
• Flexibility and coach-ability
• Strong cultural intelligence (Black/multicultural hair & beauty space)
Benefits & Perks:
Work for a bi-coastal company (LA & NYC) with two well-connected co-founders who value mentorship. Although employment is not guaranteed, paid opportunities may become available and there is opportunity to grow with the company.
Fun events, free swag!
Internship Description of Duties:
• Spreading the word about CRWN Magazine on and around your college campus! • Utilizing social media and digital tools to engage potential customers • Tabling and hosting events on campus • Sharing CRWN with classmates, club members, sorority sisters, etc. • Attending and covering events, as needed • Documenting promotional activities (photography) • Driving traffic to CRWN website • Keeping your finger on the pulse of what's new, fresh and cool in the space (natural hair, beauty, indie publications, etc.)
12-15 Hours Per Week