About CRWN Magazine:
CRWN Magazine exists to create a progressive dialogue around what it really means to “go natural” in America. Through beautiful content, thoughtful commentary, hair inspiration and resources; we’re telling the world the truth about black women by showcasing a new standard of beauty — and documenting our story in tangible, print form.
Our brand pillars are knowledge of self, sisterhood, self-love and authenticity.
As seen in: As seen in: Huffington Post, Essence Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine & Ms. Magazine."
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Extreme attention to detail
- High level of organization (Google Docs, Google Calendars, etc.)
- Strong understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Problem-solving & critical thinking
- Prior creative experience
- Flexibility and coach-ability
- Graphic design skills strongly preferred (Adobe suite)
- Strong cultural intelligence (Black/multicultural hair & beauty space)
Benefits & Perks:
Work for a bi-coastal company (LA & NYC) with two well-connected co-founders who value mentorship. Although employment is not guaranteed, paid opportunities may become available and there is opportunity to grow with the company.
Fun events, free swag!
Internship Description of Duties:
CRWN Magazine is looking for two interns for Fall 2016 who are passionate about women's empowerment, diversity/inclusion and expression through media and the written word. Candidates can work remotely, but NYC-based candidates are highly preferred. Duties: Assisting in managing print mag's editorial calendar (Trello) Crafting social media copy Building social media presence and brainstorming growth strategies Planning photo shoots, scouting talent Attending and covering events, as needed Assisting Creative Director in creative projects Sourcing creative and gaining approvals Photography Misc. admin/other duties as assigned by co-founders Documenting company culture (photography) Assisting in layout design
12-15 Hours Per Week