About CRWN Magazine:
CRWN Magazine exists to create a progressive dialogue around what it really means to “go natural” in America. Through beautiful content, thoughtful commentary, hair inspiration and resources; we’re telling the world the truth about black women by showcasing a new standard of beauty — and documenting our story in tangible, print form.
Our brand pillars are knowledge of self, sisterhood, self-love and authenticity.
As seen in: As seen in: Huffington Post, Essence Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine & Ms. Magazine.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
• Entrepreneurial spirit: hustlers only!
• Extreme attention to detail
• High level of organization (Google Docs, Google Calendars, etc.)
• Strong understanding of PR with prior experience (internships, etc.) in the field
• Problem-solving & critical thinking
• Persuasive. Knows that "no" means "maybe"
• Flexibility and coach-ability
Benefits & Perks:
Work for a bi-coastal company (LA & NYC) with two well-connected co-founders who value mentorship. Although employment is not guaranteed, paid opportunities may become available and there is opportunity to grow with the company.
Fun events, free swag!
Internship Description of Duties:
• Maintaining, adding to and updating PR leads list • Identifying all outlets/platforms who should be sharing CRWN with their audiences • Attending and covering events, as needed • Building relationships with journalists and editors in the space • Pitching outlets unique stories that speak to their readers • Understanding/documenting natural hair ecosystem and key players in the space • Staying on top of due dates for assets requested by outlets • Brainstorming unique story angles based on content, events, co-founder activity, etc. • Requesting and logging products/samples that will be featured in CRWN • Misc. admin/other duties as assigned by co-founders
12-15 Hours Per Week