CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 7 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentor and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible interns.
Through this experience, you will have an excellent opportunity to train and develop your skill set within the Logistics Department and Distribution Center. This internship will allow you to work side by side with leadership in the distribution center. You will perform various duties to assist the department supervisor in the efficient operation and completion of daily tasks. These can include This planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising the daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within the warehouse. Along with distribution center leadership you will be assisting in a project designed to evaluate/determine opportunities to improve Batch Pick & Central Warehouse sort in the Woonsocket Shipping Department.
Additional responsibilities in this internship include:
- Order selection, replenishment, loading, and shipping of store orders.
- Utilizing various reports, summaries, and procedures as necessary to resolve problems that associates may encounter in their job function
- Conducting audits as determined by the Supervisor Verify that reports/readings are legible, accurate, and turned in on a timely manner.
- Informing the supervisor of employee/operational issues.
- Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
- Ability to analyze information effectively and consistently and make sound business decisions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Ability to complete assignments within established timelines.
Leadership experience preferred.
*Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a 4 year college or university and entering their senior year in fall of 2017
In addition to applying through Intern Queen interested applicants should also apply through the CVS website here: http://bit.ly/2jHPATE