The Dawtor is an online platform for teens written by teens and young people around the world. We -two girls from Chicago and New York-- founded The Dawtor, while in high school, because we were determined to find a way to present current events to our peers in an easy and entertaining manner. The Dawtor is currently read worldwide and has writers from North America, Europe, and Asia. We want to work with YOU so we can bring The Dawtor to the next level.
We are committed to creating content that is compelling for teens-- girls in particular. The Dawtor is not afraid to use slang, pop culture references, and humor to help our readers understand what is happening in the world. We value content that provides both sides of the story. This way our readers can form opinions by themselves.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
As an intern for The Dawtor, you should be creative, resourceful, and self-directed. We expect you to be knowledgeable about current events.
Great writing and communication skills are a must. A sense of humor is a plus! This internship provides a great deal of experience of what it is like to work in a start up culture.
• Managing contributing writers
• Creating and editing content
• Promote The Dawtor (via social media, online, and word of mouth)
• Work on social media
• Help with our upcoming 2016 presidential election project
• Devote a minimum of 10 hours per week to The Dawtor and meet twice a month with the President of The Dawtor via Skype or Facetime
Cover letters are optional.
**IF YOU ARE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT INTERESTED PLEASE APPLY AS WELL - YOU WOULD BE CONSIDERED A "WRITING" INTERN**
Benefits & Perks:
• One-on-one time with the Founder and President
• Post-internship care package
12-15 Hours Per Week