Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Key Skills Include:
- Strong design skills demonstrated in a working portfolio.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
A team player who can work collaboratively with the rest of the Creative department, as well as the ability to work autonomously under deadline.
- A sense of humor!
- Currently enrolled in a college / university.
- Must be able to work in the NY, NY office (not remotely).
- We’re open to number of days working per week, but ideally looking for 3-4 full days in order to keep up with the volume of current projects.
The compensation for this internship will be $10 / hour, and the ideal candidate would be able to use this for a college credit internship program as well. Please submit your resume along with your portfolio, and a few words about why you’d be the perfect person for the position. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Internship Description of Duties:
Every curl has a story. DevaCurl’s story is twenty years in the making, built through an ever-growing following of loyal curly consumers, products that transform, and salons that create magic. Our growing in-house Creative team helps to move the company at large forward by providing first class design & content strategies for consumer & professional environments, assisting all other DevaCurl departments as they continue to grow an explosive brand.
We are seeking a talented, quick on the draw Creative / Design Intern (for Summer 2016, with the option to continue) to assist with the creation and trafficking of creative projects, ranging from retail to digital to education and anything in between. He / She will be responsible for select tier 2 creative initiatives with input from senior designers and assistance in a range of cross-functional requests. Ideally the Creative Intern will have strong working skills in the Adobe Suite, be open to feedback while still maintaining their own vision, and participate well in a collaborative, close-knit environment.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Design collateral for lower tier creative projects in a range of different fields, including retail, distribution, digital, and education.
- Assist in trafficking projects and materials to and from team leads.
- Assist in scheduling milestones for project reviews.
- Research trends in the design and content worlds for upcoming product launches and campaigns.
- Create merchandising and comps for trade shows, account reviews, and other requests from the Sales team.
- Participate in Creative Department touch bases for team updates and cross-functional meetings for project progress updates.