The mission of the New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund is to support the families of New York City Police Officers, Firefighters, Port Authority Police, and EMS Personnel who have been killed in the line of duty. When these brave men and women make the ultimate sacrifice to protect our city, we believe it is our civic duty to support the families these heroes have left behind. Our mission is to reassure these families that we will never forget them or the sacrifice made by their loved ones. We provide financial assistance, host special gatherings, and offer a network of support to over 600 families. Our goal is to raise enough funds to assist these families for the rest of their lives.
Interns will assist the Benefit Fund's Staff with:
- Special event planning, management, and execution (Our two big events of the Fall are our Annual Gala and our Annual Holiday Party for the families we serve).
- Creating and executing marketing strategies for fundraising campaigns and other program initiatives
- Coordinating with our PR team regarding outreach efforts for upcoming events and campaigns
- Drafting copy for our blog and social media channels
- Participating in web editorial, marketing, and social media campaign brainstorming
- Working on research projects to help us better understand the demographics and needs of the families we are helping
The ideal candidate is a bright, mature, and detail-oriented self-starter, who is creative and eager to learn.
Additional qualifications include:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to our office in Midtown Manhattan
- Personable and professional demeanor
- Responsible and sensitive to confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Instagram
- Detail-oriented personality
- Commitment to our mission
-Work in a fast paced non-profit environment
-Learn how a large scale event is run from pre-production to post-production
-Gain back end office experience
-You will be directly assisting the families of fallen NYC first responders