About South Loop Loft :
The South Loop Loft showroom is nestled in Chicago's West Town Design District. Our 3500 square foot showroom carries a rotating selection of furniture, decor, rugs, art and lighting curated from all over the US and World. Our sun - filled 1930's Loft features architectural gems such as a 37 ft sky light, towering ceilings with timber beams, and a wood burning fireplace with an antique french mantle. You'll find a covetable collection of modern statement pieces along side timeless classics. We are open on Saturdays from 11-5pm to and during the week we welcome guests by appointment.
SOUTHLOOPLOFT HAS BECOME ONE OF CHICAGO’S BEST RESOURCES FOR FURNITURE, HOME DÉCOR, AND LUXE LIFESTYLE ACCESSORIES. WITH A DISCERNING EYE FOR QUALITY AND DESIGN, CREATOR BETH BERKE OFFERS AN EVER-CHANGING INVENTORY OF COVETED PIECES FROM MANY DECADES AND STYLES. EACH ITEM REPRESENTS THE TIMELESS ELEGANCE THAT IS ATTRACTING SHOPPERS WORLDWIDE.
OPEN SATURDAYS 11-5PM
AVAILABLE DURING THE WEEK VIA APPOINTMENT!
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Able to meet shifting deadlines
- Able to be a part of a start up team and take responsibility as needed
- Interest in design and interiors
- Proficient with Adobe Products and Microsoft Office
- Able to collaborate in a team environment and also work independently
- Availability of a minimum of 25 hours a week
- Ability to travel to our showroom in West Town a minimum of once a week
Benefits & Perks:
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
A hands on, real life experience being an integral part of a growing business
The Potential for an ppportunity for Hire after Internship is Complete
Networking Opportunities and introductions in Chicago's Design + Creative Community
An opportunity to build community and create relationships with industry professionals
Daily learning opportunities and mentorship
Coffee and LaCroix on tap!
Internship Description of Duties:
- Supporting the marketing efforts in a variety of venues- including engaging on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Houzz, email campaigns and local projects - Assisting with social media campaigns- including creating content, styling, collaborating with photographers, launching and engaging - Updating and managing product content across E- Commerce channels - Updating and Managing Image Gallery - Research Brand Aligned Opportunities for Partnerships - Support Customer Service Efforts - Support E-Commerce Fulfillment Efforts: coordinate with shippers + Customers - Be available for special events - including a minimum of one Saturday a month
15-30 Hours Per Week