We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
We’re looking for a talented, driven and collaborative Experience Design Researcher who is passionate about solving problems through smart research solutions. You will be responsible for developing product and feature improvements with an eye toward the overall brand experience collaborating with other Experience Design team members. You will collaborate with an amazing team of visual designers, product managers, and subject matter experts who are dedicated to the future of mens grooming.
As a XD Intern at Dollar Shave Club, you will be responsible for:
* Conducting competitive audits and analysis.
* Brainstorm innovative ideas.
* Create all project necessary documentation including ecosystems, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, user scenarios, functional specifications, navigation schemas and clickable prototypes.
* Identify opportunities for improving the overall user experience with DSC both digital and physical.
* Juggling multiple projects while managing timelines and expectations.
* Bachelor's degree in progress or recently graduated in design-related discipline: Interaction or Interface design; Architecture; Human-Computer Interaction; Service Design; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications.
* Outstanding portfolio.
* Strong presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required.
* Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
* Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills.
* Excellent understanding and knowledge of User Centered Design principles and methods.
* Proficiency in Sketch, InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
* Proficiency at prototyping in code or using programs like Proto.io, Justinmind or Invision.
* Bonus if you have working knowledge of iOT technology like Arduino, Raspberry Pi and or Particle