Lauren Costine, PhD is a Clinical Psychologist, educator, writer, instructor, and activist with an office in Beverly Hills. She received her MA in Psychology at Antioch University Los Angeles in 2001 and her PhD in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute in 2007. Her dissertation focused on the role of the repression of the sacred feminine in the heteronormative society and how it affects female sexuality as it relates to the creation of consciousness. Her focus is on addiction and codependence issues, co-occurring disorders, depth psychology, LGBT-affirmative psychotherapy, lesbian-centered psychotherapy, psychodynamic and family systems modalities. She works with both individuals and couples.
Business Internship for LGBTQ Psychologically Based Venture
We are currently seeking an intern to develop a business plan for an up and coming LGBTQ oriented psychology based business venture in the Greater Los Angeles area. Work under the guidance of Dr. Lauren Costine and other team members to gain insight and create a business plan for long-term success and growth of this new center.
• Develop a business plan for LGBTQ oriented psychology based business venture
• Conduct research and incorporate findings on key target demographics, competitors in the space, finances, marketing, etc. for the business plan
• Provide valuable insight and input into different aspects of the business plan
• Check in monthly with Dr. Costine and other team members either in person or on Skype calls to discuss progress (weekly phone calls with also be required)
Qualified Candidates Should:
• Be detail oriented and organized
• Be able to work independently
• Have a knowledge of statistics and be able to analyze other important business analytics
• Have excellent verbal and written skills
• Have previous research experience
• Have a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
• Have their own computer
• Have previous business and/or marketing experience
• Express an interest in business planning and development
• Have a knowledge or interest in the LGBTQ and mental health fields (preferred)
• MBA Candidates (preferred)
• Available for university credit or general experience (unpaid)
• Internship duration approximately 3-6 months
• Intern is able to work virtually
• Internship starts May 2014
All interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter to Allie Yaldezian (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 31, 2014.
Be able to practice your business skills by creating a business plan.